Update on measures taken in response to the earthquakes in ItalyJul 03, 2012 08:06 BST
Following the earthquakes in the Emilia-Romagnaregion of Italy in May and early June, the Gambro plant in Medolla was affected.The key priority for us is the continuity of patient care and we are doing everything possible to ensure that our customers have the products they need to treat their patients.
An overall steering committee consisting of members of Gambro’s Senior Management is closely overseeing and coordinating the entire recovery effort involving experts from all functional areas.
Recently we have implemented the following measures
- We are actively investigating the status of our customers’ stocks, inventory and weekly consumption in order to prioritize deliveries.
- We have secured delivery of bloodlines by moving manufacturing to our other plants and by purchasing from external suppliers.
- An automated warehouse in Varese, Italy, is now operational, managing deliveries.
- A Monitor manufacturing plant is being set up in Crevalcore,Italy
- We are removing our products from the damaged Medolla Distribution Center with the full support from members of the Italian Fire Brigade. After the Quality Control inspection, recovered products are being delivered to customers
- We have set up new offices to ensure customer and technical assistance in Bologna (next to Gambro Hospal) and in modules outside the Medolla plant.
- We are cooperating with other manufacturers and suppliers who have also been affected by the earthquakes.
- We are continuing to investigate various other options in order to assure that, in the event the above actions are insufficient, our customers will have access to the products they need to treat their patients.
We would like to extend a special thank you to our customers and partners for their support during this difficult time and apologize for any inconvenience.
If you need further information, please call your local Gambro representative.
See also the previous update (here)